If you receive child benefit, you may also qualify for child budget supplement (Kindgebonden budget) which is granted by the SVB and paid by Belastingdienst. Child budget is normally paid automatically once you have been granted child benefit.
You must meet the following requirements in order to fully benefit from the tax relief:
- You have at least 1 child;
- If you are a single parent, you may be eligible for receiving higher amount;
- The amount of supplement depends on your income and number of children: the higher income, the lower supplement;
- You are a EU citizen;
- If your child is between 11 and 16 years old, you are entitled to receive higher amount of kindgebonden budget:
|Under 11 years old||€ 84||€ 86|
|Between 11 and 16 years old||€ 104||€ 105|
|Between 16 and 18 years old||€ 109||€ 110|
- Since August 1, 2015 all parents with children at the age of 16 or 17 are entitled to receive additional amount of child budget, which is granted as replacement for educational expenses benefit (WTOS).
According to the Dutch law, child benefit stops when your child turns 18 regardless of the fact whether he/she continues to study. In case your child has taken up a job while being underage, you lose the right for the benefit.
Any relevant changes in this respect must be immediately reported to the SVB.
From 2015 new simplification provisions on allowances come into force, according to which:
- maximum benefit amount for a single parent is € 3050.
Please provide us with the following information to claim the benefit:
- Personal data – on a special form
- Decision on kinderbijslag entitlement.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.