WAJONG is a benefit available for a young individual who suffers from a disability or long-term disease and turned 18 years old.
- as you turn 18 you are completely incapable of working because of severe, long-term disease or disability;
- between 18 and 30 you are completely incapable of working because of severe, long-term disease or disability and within 1 year before falling ill you participated in a course/training.
Apart from that:
- you live in the Netherlands;
- any improvement of your health is not likely to occur within 1 year;
- you are not participating in any course/training.
The decision to grant WAJONG benefit will be sent to you within 14 days from the date of submission of your request.
In view of changing regulations it is necessary to determine which provisions you are subject to:
- if you turned 18 in 2015 or you have been granted WAJONG benefit after 2010, you are subject to 2015 provisions;
- if your claim for WAJONG benefit was sent before January 1, 2010, you are subject to old regulations – OUDE WAJONG
As of 2015 the amount of WAJONG benefit is 75% of minimum wage in a certain age group. The benefit is paid around 23rd of each month.
Please provide us with the following information to request WAJONG benefit:
- Personal data – on a special form
Please feel free to contact us for further information.